Saturday, February 28, 2009

Give It ALL to God

I enjoyed such a wonderful service at Church this evening! Last weekend and this weekend have been such great messages. The pastor has been speaking on the economy and our world today, including all the job losses, foreclosures, stress, etc. He has been teaching us to give all our worries to God and to not be anxious over the things that we cannot control! He taught us to just trust God! I know for myself, and many others, it is so hard to not worry about everything - but I am trying! I am trying so hard to have the faith to GIVE IT ALL TO GOD!

We sang the song 'Rescue' tonight - oh, such a beautiful song!

You are the source of the life
I can’t be left behind
No one else will do
I will take hold of you

I need You Jesus
To come to my rescue
Where else can I go
There’s no other name by
Which I am saved
Capture me with grace
I will follow you

This world has nothing for me
I will follow You
This world has nothing for me
I will follow You

If you haven't heard the song before you need to check it out. Believe me, you will be singing the chorus over and over in your head or maybe out loud! I hope everyone has a good remainder of the weekend! We are expecting snow tomorrow - Christian & Carleigh are so excited!

3 comments:

I'm glad that you had a good weekend too! I will keep my fingers crossed that we get snow (for Christian and Carleigh especially haha) and so we can have another "lazy" day.

...sigh... I missed church today because I was sick... I HATE missing church!!!

But I LOVE that song! Newsong is the original's of it & I've seen them sing it in concert two different times - it makes me want to tear up every time I hear it... I have a bracelet that says "Rescued" on it because of this song... in my all time top 5!!!

What a great post. So true. We have to put all our trust in God. That's exactly what my post is about today. I think it is really weighing heavy on so many hearts these days...maybe folks are finally seeing that God is the only way.

Have a wonderful weekend!

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home