Camera Craziness
For Christmas this year I recieved a new camera from my parents. I saw this Polaroid 10 megapixel camera at Target and I quickly put it on my Christmas list. I loved it because it was 10 megapixels, it has a 3-inch screen and it is somewhat lightweight. Well, I really made a mistake with this camera choice! You see, this camera uses regular batteries and I did not realize this until everytime I would go to use the camera it would power off! It is so frustrating! I do not know if all digital cameras that use regualar batteries "act" like this one or not but this camera makes me CRAZY!

Right now I am really missing my old camera. I had a red Casio Exilim. Unfortunately, I dropped it (with the shutter open) and it cracked the lens. Oh, I was so upset because I really liked my red Casio. It took good pictures, it was thin, it was lightweight and I loved the red color! I could "spot" my camera anywhere - it was easy to "spot" at birthday parties, school functions, my cluttered house, you get the idea!
With the possiblility of SNOW in our forcast and the need to take some good pictures I decided to call the Polaroid company and speak to them about their unsatisfactory product! After a short conversation, basically, all the customer service representative told me was to get the Duracell PowerPics or Energizer Lithium Ion batteries. Are you kidding me, is that it??? Wow, thanks for all your help! So, I headed to Wally World. Of course, they did not have either type of battery. Soooo, I decided to get these rechargeable batteries with a USB stick charger. I hope this will help my camera dilemma!

Oh man... that's the worst! The last camera I had was able to take rechargable batteries as well as "regular" batteries.. & yep, just like you said, the regular ones would let the camera last an hour... BOO!!!! I was going to suggest rechargables... hope that works out better.
I just got the Canon Cypershot for Christmas & LOVE it... I see them on sale alot for around $150.00 ...
I know I couldnt live without my camera now... good luck finding something that lasts for you!
Rebecca Jo said... March 2, 2009 at 7:55 AM
I don't actually have a compact camera like this, but I would really like to have one. I use my Nikon SLR camera, and I love it, but sometimes I need something that I could squeeze in my purse or a pocket.
Let me know how this works out for you.
P.S. I like that little red one, too!
MiMi said... March 3, 2009 at 8:13 PM
Post a Comment