Sunday, February 15, 2009

A Well Deserved Valentine Treat

A couple weeks ago Christian & Carleigh's class went on a school field trip to Build-A-Bear. As a part of their Service Learning they were told that they would be making bears and then delivering them to the hospital for sick children. It was a wonderful idea but not an easy thing for all kindergarten children to do! We all met at the mall and enjoyed a good ol' salty pretzel for a snack before heading into the bear workshop!
At the workshop all of the children were given a bear - they stuffed it, bathed it, fluffed it and chose either hair bows or a bow tie.
Then we were off to the picture studio for each child to have a picture taken with their bear.
After pictures we had lunch at Chik-fil-@ before heading to our local hospital with a "beary" special delivery. Once we arrived at the hospital they gave us a quick tour and then we all went upstairs to deliver our cute little bears for the sick children. All in all the class did great! There
was only one little boy - no, not mine - that had a really hard time giving up his bear! He cried and cried and cried. You should have heard the teacher explaining to him that giving to others makes your own heart feel better. Oh, he was not buying it!

Now to the Valentine treat - my Momma felt so bad for my children because they had to make a bear and then give it to someone else that she decided she would give them a gift card to the Bear Workshop for Valentine's Day. So that is just what she did! I am still not sure why she felt so bad for them. They only have toys all over the playroom, both of their bedrooms, the living room, and the bonus room.

All ready to go with the gift cards!

Christian, Carleigh, my Momma and I all went to Build-A-Bear on Sunday to make a stuffed animal. Carleigh chose a bunny and named her Valentine since it was a Valentine's present. Christian chose a dog and named him Bat Dog because he bought the Batman suit for his animal. We all enjoyed pizza for lunch! That was the best part of the day for me!!

Carleigh with Valentine

Christian with Bat Dog

6 comments:

Hello...
I came here after reading Mimi's blog today.
Your twins are so adorable.
Looks like they had a fun birthday.
They are miracles, huh?
Thank God!

What a neat thing for them to do. I hope that's something they will remember for a long time!

Once again, they are SO cute!!!

Hey! :) I found you through Emilie's blog. They are getting so big and are so cute!!!

I am not too great at updating my blog, but Im trying to be better about it! Hope we can keep in touch through the blog world :)

Sarah

How fun! What a special treat and a special time you mom enjoyed with her grandchildren!

How fun!!! I love B-a-B!!

What a GREAT idea to give them to sick little ones. And what a great way for your little ones to understand giving.

YUMMEEEE pizza. I could live on it!!!!! My fav is BBQ Chicken pizza, yes I know weird. But oh so yummee!!!

Have a Blessed day,
Dawn

That was such a great idea to have the kids make bears and give them to the sick children. And even better, Carleigh and Christian got one, too! I love Valentine and Bat Dog! So cute!

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home